The Little Island



Nights and days came and passed
And summer and winter
and the rain.

And it was good to be a little Island.

A part of the world
and a world of its own
All surrounded by the bright blue sea.
When I need to recharge, one of my favorite places to go to is the Indian Keys.
Inspiration 
is
everywhere


Lovely place, this little island...only a couple miles away from the constant noise and hum of the civilized world, yet, once you get there, everything seems so far away. Your mind is suddenly clear and awed before the incredible display of organic Art forms that The Great Artist manifests, in this moment, just for you.
If you want to read about its history, click here.


Back home, I made this little pewter charm using a cool looking sea creature skeleton fragment that I have found on the island. 
A happy experiment. Unfortunately, the skeleton fragment broke to small pieces before I had the chance to make its pair...so, One of A Kind it is.

 I'll treasure it and save it for a special piece. 


💞 Stay inspired. 💞

Love, Laura xo


Comments

  1. Is this for real? What a heavenly place to recharge! You're such a poetic soul, Laura :) And this bead you made is like a bridge to the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of my favorite places in S. Florida. :) Thank you, I am so happy that you like it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place! :)
    I like what you made. Very rustic and unique creation! I am sure that you will find the perfect use for it.
    I am weak that's why I stay away from Instagram. I will be right back soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Solange! I hope you'll feel better soon! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sarah! Thank you for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post!!loved it
    if anyone wants to know more related to related to online jewellery then check our website>>
    Best Jewellery in Rohini sector 7

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A saint in the wrong place

Yumi Rustic Art Beads Soup Recipe!

Shine

Artist crush ~ Kirsty Gardiner

Cookie Points Up There...

Artist feature: Solange Collin from YeeLeN SpiRiT DeSiGnS